Tuesday, February 1, 2011

How would you rank?

Hi guys! If you have ever stopped to consider how Google searches manage to organize the most relevant links in order pretty well even for the wildest queries ('How should I kill my roommate's cat?' ..Seriously?), then I am sure you are quite impressed with all the behind-the-scenes magic that goes on. For those of you who don't know, this magic has a popular name and it is called PageRank.

I am quite sure that none of you have ever stopped to think how you might do it better. Well, give it a shot! Leave me some creative ideas on how you think you would come up with a ranking for pages on the web. If you have trouble deciding where to begin, try describing how you would rank pages when someone searched for 'rankmaniac 2011'. Who knows, maybe you can do it better than Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment